Area Manager - Monomers
Area Manager - Monomers
This position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for providing safety and technical leadership, support for the operation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the site's automation and process control infrastructure.
The most important aspect of this role is the responsibility for the safety culture in the Monomer area. This role leads the efforts of managing the highly hazardous chemicals, processes and process containment. The Monomer Area Manager also leads continuous improvement programs and initiatives for production, maintenance and manufacturing support areas; interfaces with business leadership and supply chain for coordination of schedules and understanding of internal and external customer needs; establishes and meets fixed and variable cost objectives; sets expectations for adherence to policies, procedures and safety standards; drives employee empowerment and accountability; and ensures equipment reliability and mechanical repair of the facilities.
Safety, Health, Environmental & Core Values
* Lead, support, and manage a safety program that strongly believes all incidents are preventable.
* Lead, coach, and continually improve to advance and ensure consistency of Core Values (SHE/PSM, Ethics & Respect for People) across the areas.
* Communicate and execute business objectives, priorities and progress across the area.
* Manage the planning and scheduling, staffing, and execution of daily equipment repairs, and turnarounds.
* Establish Key Performance Indicators for areas of responsibility.
* Review work throughout the area to ensure priorities and target dates are met.
* Interface with other site leaders on key matters related to the areas.
* Foster Autonomous Maintenance and 3S philosophy within areas.
* Maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads within area.
* Align with Site / Unit Strategic Plan, provide strategic leadership and direction for the area, implementing initiatives that will move area to a world-class competitive position.
* Provide leadership for improvement programs and asset productivity best practices across the area with the use of continuous improvement methodologies.
* Manage processes and implement best practices to achieve excellence in Quality and Customer Service within the areas.
* Ensure prompt investigation of quality non-conformances for the area and determines appropriate corrective action.
* Develop and execute plans to meet the annual budget commitments for the areas.
* Review financial activity reports and statements to determine progress & status in attaining area's costs (fixed & plant related variable) and capital objectives.
* Make financial adjustments via the outlook process in accordance with current conditions and business requirements.
Morale, Talent Management & Capability Building
* Provide development, coaching, and mentoring to key area's leaders and employees to foster appropriate mind-sets and behaviours.
* Lead continuous learning, developing, and performing efforts to ensure that the areas are energized and performing at peak levels.
* Manage employee relations within the areas.
* Encourage employee's engagement and foster empowerment and accountability through leader
standard work practices, continuous improvement efforts, and the empowerment model.
* Initiate or drive the rewards and recognition process for individuals and/or teams, and celebrate area accomplishments.
* 7 years of supervisory experience and at least 10 years total experience in a Process Safety Management environment
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering or Business)
* Proven ability to assemble, coach, influence, and develop strong teams able to exceed expectations
* Experience managing personnel in a High Hazard process with Highly Toxic Materials
* Advanced degree or MBA
* Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certified / Lean Manufacturing Methodology Knowledge
* High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software; strong written and oral communication skills
Applying for the job
There are various ways to apply for this position:
- Apply direct from the website (www.tecgroup.net) by clicking "apply now"
- Contact the consultant directly:
About TEC Group International
We are TEC Group. We are international recruitment specialists. We are the link between highly-specialised industries and the professionals that make them work. Expert consultants, a global network of offices and the latest technology allow us to join the dots in the talent process.
TEC Group International supports the Scientific, Engineering and Energy sectors. We have completed assignments in over 60 countries and support projects all over the world through our subsidiaries and partners.