Capital Projects Manager
Capital Projects Manager (North West Ohio)
and job purpose
This role has strategic responsibility to develop and prioritize the five-year capital plan, and execution responsibilities to manage approvals of capital, manage the current monthly forecasts, update sitewide project status, and serve as project manager for projects.
The Total Quality Management System shall be incorporated into all job activities. All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the client's Principles.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Promotes and enforces the client's Principles and Life Saving Rules and ensures contractor compliance.
- All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the client's Principles and the Culture of Prevention.
- Work with the Plant Leadership to generate, prioritize and execute the plant CAPEX plan and budget.
- Coordinate all projects on site.
- Responsible for the safe design and installation of projects.
- Champion safe work practices among his/her work group and contractors.
- Account for all aspects of project performance including schedule, cost, operation, reliability and close out.
- Ensure projects comply with applicable government and company regulations, policies and standards.
- Ensure ownership, accountabilities and priorities are established for Project Managers.
- Establish and implement appropriate project controls.
- Ensure adequate resources are available for the execution of the annual CAPEX budget and the associated document control.
- Compile and report monthly project progress and spend to management.
- Interface with other plant departments to share project design, priority and status information.
- Participate in outage, shutdown and TAR planning meetings to incorporate CAPEX projects.
- Work with the Procurement department to procure materials and services as required.
- Participates in the MOC process, performs MOC reviews on all projects involving change to process equipment and operations.
- Works as a job representative for outside contractors working in the plant.
- Participates in audits, inspections and interviews, including BBS, housekeeping, Principles, etc.
Skills & Knowledge Required
In compliance with COVID protocols, you must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past your last dose of COVID vaccine) prior to your start date.
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management with a minimum of 10 years' experience in Project Management in an industrial setting, ideally the refining or petrochemical industry.
- Strong commitment to achievement of excellent SHE performance
- Strong communication and team leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational ability
- Technical awareness of unit operations and maintenance issues
- Proactive problem solving, decision making and conflict management
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with diverse groups in sometimes tense situations to gain consensus and a clear path forward
- Business acumen with an understanding of key business drivers, budgeting and financial reporting
- Ability to initiate and drive change, flexibility
- Previous experience with project scope definition and work package generation
- Previous experience in project management and project scheduling
- Previous experience in construction/maintenance
- Previous experience with the oversite and management of contract workforce and outside technical/engineering resources.
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.