Control Systems Engineer
Control Systems Engineer
Fortune 500 chemicals business - North West ohio
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provides technical support for the site's Process Safety Management (PSM) program.
- Leads and/or participates in safety reviews, Layers of Protection (LOPA) reviews/Calibrated Risk Graph, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), SIS Studies, and incident investigations.
- Proficient in SIS system design and management requirements for the life cycle of equipment including concept, design, implementation, operation, and maintenance as required by IEC 61511/ISA 84.
- Participates in site review of LOPA scenarios and development of SIF designs and implementation of required upgrades.
- Develops SIS documentation for instrumented IPLs. Performs and oversees the completion of IPL verifications as required.
- Provides and assists with troubleshooting and maintaining pneumatic and electronic controls, instruments, and equipment.
- Continuously initiates ways to improve plant operations, safety and environmental performance through day-to-day activities and recommendations for optimized system maintenance.
- Establishes and executes process improvement plans for manufacturing including safety and environmental improvements.
- Collaborates on SIS systems, controls, and instrumentation technology with other client locations.
- Develops automation projects for implementation as part of site initiatives to increase the level of automation.
- Takes active role in project development, economics, and execution. Assists in final bid package preparation and subsequent contract bidding and selection.
- Organizes field tests and consults with other specialists outside of the facility to solve operating issues.
- Assists on other Technical group efforts - Alarm rationalization, back-up to Controls Specialist, PI Historian work, training and development of technicians, I&E engineer, controls engineer.
- Remains on call for emergency trouble shooting and operations support.
- Networks with other site process control leaders to share and leverage knowledge and solutions.
- Ensures all work is done in a safe manner consistent with company, local, state, federal and health, safety and environmental regulations and procedures.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- BS Degree in Engineering and 5+ years of operations/process control experience in the chemical industry, or 10+ years of experience in Process Control Engineering.
- IEC 61511/ISA 84 working knowledge
- CFSP or CFSE certification is a plus
- Industrial control system DCS and PLC configuration experience preferred
- Process Hazard and Layer of Protection Analysis experience
- Root Cause Analysis
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.