EHS (PSM) Engineer
EHS (Process Safety) Engineer - Europe
Market Leading Chemical Company
Grenoble, France preferred. Other locations considered.
A leading international chemical company with a large manufacturing footprint is searching for an HSE (Process Safety) Engineer to help lead their HSE and PSM program across their 6 European sites.
You will help to drive implementation and operation of the global and European EHS strategy across the European assets.
This role will be high visibility, working with Plant Managers, HSE Managers, and Process Engineers, and high-impact, having impact across all European sites.
All sites are Seveso/COMAH regulated, so you will need strong Process Safety experience/knowledge.
You will implement the global strategy for all sites with the goal of improving the site´s EHS&S performance by aligning global, regional and local targets.
- Prioritize and implement EHS&S and Process Safety projects and providing technical solutions. You will support the UK and EU sites and R&D facilities. You will monitor activities via global and local systems.
- Leads, develops, or coordinates training programs to increase proficiency in EHS&S practices and promote awareness.
- Resources organization to ensure timely reporting, classification, and investigation of EHS&S incidents.
- Performs risk assessment and job safety analysis (PSM elements) of work and processes to identify HSE issues, such as chemical and physical hazard, as well as ergonomics. Defines and implements, with the support of local leadership, compliance actions for hazard prevention and risk-control principles and strategies.
- Leads specialized work streams or be called upon to participate in other EHS networks or committees within the organization.
- Supports the implementation of our company's sustainability goals and programs.
- With your expertise you will improve Environmental Health & Safety (EHS&S) compliance according to internal regulations in collaboration with Corporate EHS and monitor audit findings concerning EHS&S gaps and support local sites to close the gaps.
- Masters degree Chemical Engineering/technical discipline ideal. Bachelors considered, with relevant experience
- 7 years experience in EHS, strong preference for chemical experience
- Significant experience in PSM, EHS regulations (SEVESO, COMAH)
- Management system approach and CI mindset.
- ISO 14000, ISO 45000, ISO 50000 knowledge
- Strong English language. Other languages a real plus.
- Able to travel to other sites.
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.