An International Chemical Company with 40 sites globally are looking for a Mechanical/Reliability Engineer.
The Mechanical Engineer is primarily responsible for maximizing plant uptime by minimizing unplanned breakdowns using preventative/predictive maintenance. This role plans and directs activities for maintenance and develops a long-termstrategy, establishes standards, and improves , maintains, and repairs facilities and equipment to ensure optimal reliability. You must also work to ensure compliance with all applicable company rules as well as federal, state, and local regulations. Led CI efforts that impact plant reliability.
- Define and manage the training needs for maintenance personnel.
- Establishes and refines the plant's long term maintenance strategy and improvement plan.
- Establishes maintenance and storeroom performance metrics to gauge the "current state"
- Tracks and publishes standardized maintenance performance metrics on a routine basis consistent with company requirements and aligns maintenance performance indicators with overall business key performance indicators.
- Manages the maintenance work planning function and the maintenance scheduling function. Develops and implements planning and scheduling standards and procedures for the plant.
- Works with plant production, engineering, and EHS personnel to ensure that MOC and mechanical integrity (MI) requirements which support PSM are complied with. Reviews and approves all equipment and drawing modifications and changes associated with MOC.
- Manages the predictive maintenance (PDM) function and ensures that viable maintenance technologies that result in reduced plant downtime are implemented in the plant.
- Identifies new product and technology enhancements that could provide reliability improvement and cost reduction
- Manages the preventive maintenance (PM) program and works with production and engineering to develop and maintain current PM procedures and schedules that "add value" to the plant.
- Utilizes the "reliability centered maintenance" (RCM) methodology to ensure that the optimal maintenance practices are applied to each critical asset based upon its operating context.
- Assists in the maintenance budget development process annually and provides monthly spending analysis reports for plant personnel.
- Participates in the development of the plant's capital spending budget and site plan.
- Administers, plans, coordinates, and executes company adopted standard maintenance programs and practices.
- Manages the planning and execution of scheduled plant shutdowns / turnarounds.
- Manages all facilities maintenance including buildings, yards, and grounds. Also manages all contract services associated with facilities and plant maintenance.
- Works with planners, supervisors, and engineers to review equipment history files and assess plant equipment reliability. Formulates action plans to address unreliable equipment.
- Manages and administers the plant's CMMS (Limble) and ensures that its use is optimized to control cost and boost reliability.
- Applies Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) techniques to help manufacturing areas address major reliability issues.
- Manages the plant's storeroom and works to minimize inventory value and operating cost while maximizing plant reliability. As such, manages and approves the set-up of all new spare parts.
- Works with storeroom personnel to assess the storeroom's performance level and its impact on unplanned equipment breakdown.
- Ensures that acceptance standards for new, repaired, and rebuilt equipment are followed and that baseline conditions are established for such equipment.
- Reviews new equipment designs and installations to ensure "maintenance free" or "maintenance prevention" designs have been addressed.
- Provides technical support to the production department to resolve major sporadic or chronic equipment reliability problems.
- Serves as the plant's Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) resource and supports the implementation of TPM initiatives including autonomous operator maintenance.
- Participates in plant HAZOP analyses.
The Engineering and Maintenance Manager
* BSc in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or other relevant degree
- 5 years' experience in Maintenance in a chemical, plastics, oil & gas, or similar facility
- Process Safety Management Knowledge
- Experience with CMMS systems for work order tracking, inventory management, and PM tracking
- Experience with reliability-based maintenance approaches and predictive maintenance technologies
- Works collaboratively and demonstrate effective listening skills
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.