To provide Mechanical Engineering technical discipline to the Asset Teams to ensure the operation remains compliant to regulatory requirements and asset safety, reliability and efficiency annual plan and performance improvement targets are achieved. This includes responsibility for maintaining the asset and protective systems integrity, leadership of mechanical maintenance resources, technical support to day-to-day operations and development and implementation of short-to-medium term modifications, equipment replacement and maintenance strategies.
The plants are top tier COMAH registered and the job holder has a key role in ensuring the assets are operated and maintained in line with the company's and the regulator's expectations on safety performance and operational integrity.
Our assets are located at the East Yorkshire, UK site and are supported by several shared maintenance services and sits within a wider chemicals park operation.
Uphold the clients behavioural & process safety principles & "Life Saving Rules" in all activities undertaken, including responsibility for Process Safety. Maintaining the asset and protective systems integrity.
This has the following specific requirements:
- Ensure all critical assets and protective systems are identified and registered in the CMMS and ensure this list is kept up to date and formally reviewed every 5 years.
- Ensure planned schedules are in place in the CMMS for maintenance and testing of critical assets and protective systems.
- Ensure this schedule is delivered through the technician and contract maintenance resources via tracking of attainment and backlog and audit of schedule compliance.
- Analyse the results from maintenance activities and tests, document this and develop improvement plans for poor performing or degrading equipment.
Development of forward mechanical maintenance and engineering plans and budgets, including:
- Responsible for providing requirements for the planning and execution of all mechanical work associated with the A5 TAR, POX Burner Change and other outages.
- Responsible for the development of CAPEX and maintenance budgets and execution of all work within agreed constraints.
- Identify plant mechanical vulnerabilities and end of life equipment, develop mitigation measures and input to asset development plans.
- Provide mechanical engineering input to Appraise and Select phases of major plant projects.
- Responsible for organising and providing technical support to all Mechanical contract specialist engineering services required for planned and emergent work (Thermax/ Air products/ Dominion, TEAM.
Provide assurance to the Asset Manager that the Mechanical systems operate in a safe and reliable manner, including:
- Ensure the Asset has in place, and implements, the necessary systems to provide assurance in all aspects of Mechanical Engineering.
- Act as the Design Approver for mechanical systems across the clients' assets. Provide assurance that the design and inspection standards are executed in line with the mechanical assurance practices.
- Provide mechanical input into HAZOPs, LOPAs and Project safety reviews.
- Ensure critical assets are added to the Inspection management system within Site Meridium software.
- Under guidance of Site Mechanical Engineer, develop/update Mechanical Assurance Practices, Mechanical Safety Rules and Mechanical Safety Standing Orders.
- Ensure maintenance overdues are managed and are compliant with site safety systems. Owner of related safety management system for the asset.
- Management of Mechanical work and schedule. Ensure no mechanical ATEX, statutory or integrity mechanical inspections are overdue: including pipework, vessel, SV, PVSV, special application hoses, etc.
- Provide Technical review of all drawings new and existing for the asset including MOC and repair sheets.
- Reviews field data and results from maintenance activities and tests optimise PM workloads and tasks.
- Role Requires A type/ B type acceptor, Jetting Signatory, Working on live equipment signatory.
Network across the clients' assets, to ensure best practice is transferred across the East Yorkshire site, including:
- Keep abreast of all Legislative and company requirements relevant to Mechanical.
- Be the single point of reference for any salient Mechanical incidents on the A5 assets, disseminate the causes and highlight the lessons to be learnt to the relevant parties.
- Contacts outside with various equipment manufacturer engineers, managers and technicians with regards to technical, procurement and service issues.
Ensure Compliant operation of the assets by:
- Ensuring all Statutory Mechanical inspections are completed in accordance with Site or Regulatory standards.
- Ensuring compliance to the site Environment Permit, to ensure that all loss of primary containment is managed inline with the requirements of SSO307.
- Ensuring that the assets are managing the Integrity and Maintenance recommendations to ensure compliance with the site quality management system (UCAS)
Level of Education & Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical engineering
- Proven industrial experience within the petrochemical sector or equivalent manufacturing sector
- Professionally recognised Mechanical with established professional networks
- In depth experience of petrochemical plant routine, preventative and breakdown mechanical maintenance practices.
- Experience of COMAH top tier chemical plant management, mechanical maintenance and development.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical working practices, procedures at theoretical and practical level as well as European legal and HSE requirements.
- Experience of planning, development and implementation of major TAR mechanical activities.
- Experience of petrochemical and/or refinery process equipment & reliability.
- Understanding of maintenance strategies and integrity management principles.
- Understand leak management processes and corrective measures.
- Organising, planning, budgetary management skills as well as commercial acumen for budgetary control and contract ownership.
- Leadership qualities, able to build efficient teams and motivate staff
- Results orientation and performance bias
- Setting standards for others
- Personal skills in communication
- Networking abilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to balance conflicting demands in a continuously developing environment
- Asset safety, reliability and variable cost targets
- CAPEX and maintenance delivered safely to time and budget
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.