Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Mechanical Engineer - Chemicals - Pasadena, TX
A leading chemical business in Houston for two talented Mechanical Engineers (Snr + Jnr) to join their world-leading site. This PSM regulated plant of chemical production has around 120 people on site and is a crucial asset within their global footprint.
The Mechanical Reliability Engineer position has primary responsibility for providing programs and projects to improve equipment reliability, developing maintenance procedures to reduce maintenance cost, and fostering continuous improvement.
- Develop an appropriate preventive maintenance schedule to reduce premature equipment failures through proper measures, tests, inspections and analyses of equipment condition.
- Work closely with Production managers and engineers and Maintenance department personnel.
- Liaison between Technical Manager and Project engineers in the development, design and installation of capital projects.
- Develop engineering solutions to maintenance problems, including ways of reducing or eliminating the need for maintenance through equipment replacement or improvement work.
- Analyze the effects of preventive maintenance on equipment reliability and maintenance costs for evaluation as a basic for equipment design decisions.
- Provide technical support to maintenance personnel on equipment repairs, troubleshooting problems and equipment reliability issues.
- Assist in evaluation of existing and new equipment design and installation on aspect of safety and environmental issues.
- Participate in and/or lead incident investigations, utilizing root cause failure analysis techniques and risk based assessment skills.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical/Chemical Engineering preferred, others will be considered)
- 5 years (Junior) or 10 years (Senior) chemical/refinery experience.
- PSM plant experience.
- ASME/API procedures
- Rotating equipment experience preferable
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.