Process Control Specialist
Process Control Specialist
The Process Control Specialist is responsible for assuring that system software and hardware continue to meet the specifications of system design and to execute control applications tailor-made for operations. The Process Control Specialist serves as a system manager for the process control systems within the complex. This position has no direct reports, but supervisory responsibilities may be assigned on a temporary basis.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Design and implement DCS and PLC software and hardware changes on control systems. This includes: programming in CL, FST, Visual Basic, PLC ladder logic; building DCS points; graphic design
- Technical consultant to contract engineering firms and staff on modifications to control systems and plant process field equipment
- Help coordinate and attend factory acceptance tests (FAT)
- Participate in meetings to discuss control strategies needed to accomplish project goals
- Perform or coordinate software and hardware upgrades to the control systems
- Assign and maintain control system addressing and point assignments
- Ensure that plant system backup data is kept current
- Mark drawings affected by hardware and software changes
- Attend PSR and PHR on control system changes
- Provide Plant Operations with information to update SOPs and daily operating instructions due to software and hardware changes
- Coordinate commissioning and startup of new devices added to the control system
- Oversee both contractor and personnel to ensure there are no conflicts or duplication of work effort
- Provide the engineering group with drawing markups and project progress reports
- Provide technical expertise to solve process control and field instrumentation problems
- Conduct formal and informal training sessions for other disciplines affected by control systems
- Assist Operations in keeping the alarm management philosophy and implementation current
- Help design and implement Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Stay current with and improve control system procedures
- Remain up-to-date with future developments and new features of plant control systems by attending user group meetings, vendor schools, and demonstrations
- Become familiar with and manage basic functions of the APC (Rockwell Pavilion) applications on the DCS
- Provide after-hours process control support including weekend and holiday coverage
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, able to lead and influence others, and able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and customer service oriented
- Working knowledge of the Management of Change (MOC)
- Good written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Associate's Degree in Instrument or Electrical/Electronic Technology
- Five years of process control experience in a petrochemical or refining process with proven knowledge in the following systems
- Honeywell TDC3000 or Honeywell Experion maintenance and implementation.
- Programming, implementing and supporting PLC systems.
Other Preferred Requirements
- Polyethylene plant experience.
- Experience implementing and supporting Rockwell Automation, Allen Bradly PLC, Triconex, OPC systems.
- Experience migrating control systems.
- Honeywell PHD maintenance and configuration.
- Familiarity with implementing and maintaining secure industrial control system networks.
Applying for the job
There are various ways to apply for this position:
- Apply direct from the website (www.tecgroup.net) by clicking "apply now"
- Contact the consultant directly:
Luke Guest - email@example.com
About TEC Group International
We are TEC Group. We are international recruitment specialists. We are the link between highly-specialised industries and the professionals that make them work. Expert consultants, a global network of offices and the latest technology allow us to join the dots in the talent process.
TEC Group International supports the Scientific, Engineering and Energy sectors. We have completed assignments in over 60 countries and support projects all over the world through our subsidiaries and partners.