PROCESS ENGINEER Catenoy, France
Our site has 80 employees, most of whom work 5x8 shifts. We have the following functions on site:
logistics, purchasing, HSE, quality (with its laboratory), maintenance, finance, HR, design office,
continuous improvement, and production teams. Our site operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week,
and we stop production every year for 15 days (usually at the beginning of August) to carry out all
maintenance work coordinated between the design office, the maintenance department and the HSE
* You have a higher education in Industrial Process Engineering and ideally benefit from experience
supporting HAZOP /PHA review and the response to it.
* You pay particular attention to HSE risks and issues and are able to respond to them within the
scope of your responsibilities.
* Well proven experience (minimum 5 years) in Process Engineering design (reactor, heat exchangers,
distillation, pumps, tanks…) and accessories (relief valves, control valves, vacuum breaker, CV), ideally
with some experience of working within a SEVESO chemical production plant environment
* You are familiar with one or more simulation and/or CAD/CAM software.
* Curious and capable to collect the process required data on site through investigation toward
various disciplines on site (HSE, Production, maintenance) ideally with experience at applying
continuous improvement techniques (DMAIC / PDCA.)
* Good written and verbal communication skills in French and English
* Rigor, perseverance, autonomy, and team spirit are essential qualities to carry out your missions
General mission: Reporting to the engineering manager, in close collaboration with the technical
teams and the various support services, you are responsible for the smooth running of projects
within the company, in compliance with procedures and by integrating the safety constraints
associated with the operation of a SEVESO high threshold site.
* Propose the most suitable process solution with the help of the resources at your disposal both on-
site (head office engineer, production engineer, safety engineer, etc.) and external to site (regional
and global engineering, process technology and process safety teams).
* Compare the solution and prepare a feasibility study
* Assist the HSE department in the evaluation of risk analysis and HAZOP for ongoing projects but
also during the audit on process safety aspects.
* Become process safety focal point for site.
* With the assistance of the head office process engineer; Prepare the PFD, PID and required process
* Prepare technical specifications for suppliers
* Review technical offers and processes
* Initiate, manage the project or report to the designated project manager during execution:
planning, budget, quality...
* Assist production during construction, commissioning, and performance testing.
* Analyze process performance with site personnel and regional process technologist using root
cause analysis to identify and realize Process Improvement opportunities
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.