Engineering and Engineering Services
Provides process engineering expertise in a collaborative environment to enhance the safe, efficient, reliable, and environmentally friendly operations of the plants. As the process technical expert, works with other engineering disciplines as well as operations, maintenance, and EHS to ensure solutions meet overall business objectives.
- As holistic system thinkers, monitor and report on operational performance process units and key variables impacting plant efficiency, capacity, catalyst performance, emissions, and process safety.
- Proactively evaluate process and equipment performance to reduce plant upsets and generate solutions to resolve problems with process chemistry and equipment including pumps, compressors, turbines, heat exchangers, absorbers, strippers, boilers, combustion equipment, reactors, and high pressure steam systems.
- Optimize process performance through troubleshooting, process modeling, data analysis, process tests, and technical support to the operations organization.
- Complete process engineering studies and provide comprehensive process engineering support during collaborative design of new installations and processes.
- Help prioritize the development of projects to increase production capacity, improve energy efficiency, and enhance EHS performance.
- Prepare and review documents including PFDs, P&IDs, scopes of work, and equipment specifications to support the capital process.
- Review and approve new operational procedures and equipment operating limits. Develop and conduct training for operations and other groups to address significant changes and for annual refresher training.
- Participate in MOCs, PHAs, LOPA studies, and incident investigations to identify and implement process safety and other EHS solutions.
- Assist Maintenance and Operations during turnarounds by providing pre-turnaround process engineering recommendations, assisting in planning specialty work, performing equipment inspections related to process issues, coordinating catalyst replacements, and participate in plant restarts.
- Maintain excellent communication and a professional working relationships with all departments and plant personnel.
Successful incumbents will have:
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of process engineering experience is preferred. Experience required working for an operating company in the chemical manufacturing or oil and gas industry.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with personnel throughout the organization.
- Ability and willingness to collect field data, enter process equipment for inspections, and otherwise perform routine field engineering work in an operating chemical facility environment.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules on a short term basis to support 24 hour/7 day per week operations, particularly during process unit start-ups, shutdowns, upsets, and catalyst reductions.
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.