- Responsible for regulatory compliance in the Safety, Health and Environmental areas.
- Directly accountable for the manufacturing performance of production units as well as logistics operations.
- Manage the performance of approximately 10 direct reports and 75 indirect reports.
- Maintains a safe, efficient operation and established operating conditions, meetings productions needs and product specifications, as well as ISO, ILCI, PSM, VPP and Responsible Care requirements.
- Lead and coach department personnel to have crystal clear targets, holding them accountable for delivery of results and supporting mutually agreed development needs.
- Coach, counsel, and develop departmental personnel to ensure required capabilities are maintained and to continually achieve process improvements and enhancing skills for career growth.
- Lead development of departmental annual operating plan, drive the implementation, monitor effectiveness of delivery and take necessary actions to achieve committed results.
- Lead and drive the organization to achieve committed production, safely, reliably, with no additional impact to the environment at no more than the plan costs.
- Directs the operation of the acrylonitrile, hydrogen cyanide, Acetonitrile purification, and acetone Cyanohydrin production facilities as well as the Utilities area and tankage operations.
- Responsible for operation of the semi-works reactor unit, electrical co-generation, off-gas incineration and process flare systems.
- Ensure that process equipment is operated in an agreed envelope to maximize performance, eliminate unplanned outages, and minimizing long term risks.
- Ensures responsible support to operate with effective maintenance and quality control laboratory activities.
- Manages all production unit and shipping area shift managers and technicians. Practices and teaches good safety habits to employees. Assures compliance with established safety policies and establishes safety programs.
- Participates in Rescue squad and Fire Brigade training. Serves as a member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Reviews and analyzes performance to determine that production schedules are properly set and fulfilled, quality specifications and sales requirements are met, and most efficient use of manpower, facilities and equipment is realized.
- May perform duties of the Site Director in his/her absence.
- Prepares operating plan and budget for areas of responsibility. In these forecasts, considers availability and cost of raw materials, supplies, chemicals and labor. Leads production group to meet agree plan and budget.
- Reviews and approves Operations Supervisor's performance appraisals of Process Technicians for advancement within wage progression system. Directs the training of Process Technicians.
- Follows design, construction and commissioning of new facilities as well as modifications and improvements.
- Develops operating procedures and directs revisions of operating manuals.
- Cooperates with other production managers in the business and maintains open communication with all divisions to develop a strong working relationship.
- Participate in audits and interviews, including 20 Principals, OSHA, TNRCC, ISO 9002, etc.
- Reports all incidents and completes incident report in Traction and complies with Global Safety Absolutes.
- Applied engineering and manufacturing management skills, including process optimization, troubleshooting, engineering design, and project management/execution.
- Budgeting and cost control experience.
- HSSE leadership, including deep understanding of Process Safety Management (OSHA 1910) protocol and execution.
- Requires strong leadership and delegation skills.
- High level of influence skills - creates vision and enrolls the broader organization in support of that vision.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral skills.
- Develops a sense of ownership and team work.
- Effective communication skills at all levels - corporate through hourly employee.
- Change Agent - effective at engaging others in change agenda and driving/executing change programs.
- Capable coach, motivator, and developer of people - stretches people to achieve extraordinary results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 5 years supervisory experience in Process/Operations environment
- 10 years minimum experience as engineer in Process/Operations environment
Ability to climb fixed ladder cages at heights of 30 ft. at a time. Total of 200 ft. (Employee may need ladders as means of egress during emergency).
- Ability to climb 6 flights of stairs.
- Ability to enter enclosed spaces through 18" man-way for cleaning and inspection purposes.
- Ability to lift 50 lb.
- Ability to wear required PPE: Hardhat, safety glasses, chemical goggles, face shield, rigid safety shoes/boots, full/half face cartridge masks.
- Ability to work length of time outdoors/ inclement weather.
- Job specific: Climbing, balance, bend/stoop, kneeling, reaching, lifting, carrying.
- Need to evaluate understanding of proper lifting techniques and body mechanics.
Applying for the job
There are various ways to apply for this position:
- Apply direct from the website (www.tecgroup.net) by clicking "apply now"
- Contact the consultant directly:
About TEC Group International
We are TEC Group. We are international recruitment specialists. We are the link between highly-specialised industries and the professionals that make them work. Expert consultants, a global network of offices and the latest technology allow us to join the dots in the talent process.