To provide engineering expertise and project implementation in support of the operations, finance, and business groups to ensure raw materials and product are used/produced efficiently, accounted for correctly, and priced as accurately as possible to maximize profits.
Availability of capital is the greatest internal factor influencing this job. Without sufficient capital, many projects and ideas cannot be implemented. Extreme volatility in the material pricing would be an external factor that makes it very difficult to estimate projects accurately and therefore complete them under budget.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Abide by site safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for promoting safety leadership through the implementation of the clients' principles.
- Responsible for promoting process safety management (PSM) in the design and execution of all capital projects.
- Accountable for ensuring that the management of change (MOC) is completed before the start of construction and that assigned MOC action items are completed in a timely fashion.
- Lead multifunctional teams to develop project scope, estimate cost, determine schedule, and identify resources required for successful project execution.
- In addition to ensuring that all designs satisfy project objectives, the project engineer will assure that all construction complies with the clients' specifications, safety, and regulatory requirements as well as industry best practices (ANSI, ASME, NFPA, etc.).
- Responsible for approval and resolution of project variances, controlling cost and schedule, as well as proactively coordinating internal and external resources to satisfy the project objectives and achieve project metrics.
- Responsible for supervising and managing outside contractors as necessary.
- Follow-through with safety audit and PSM actions items to ensure that they are completed in a timely manner.
- Initiates suggestions for plant improvements with respect to process, new equipment, or equipment differing from original specification, etc.
- Ensures completion of documentation for technical changes and projects under his or her management.
- Participates in safety reviews, MOC reviews and HAZOPs.
- Design and specify equipment for new processes and changes to existing processes.
- Provides engineering support for regulatory compliance issues (OSHA, TCEQ, etc.)
- Provides project engineering support assistance for production areas.
- Supports plant turnarounds by filling various roles in the turnaround management team
- Provide technical solutions and perform troubleshooting to solve reliability, process problems, and bottlenecks.
- Support Front End Loading Project work
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred, will consider related engineering field.
- At least 3 years of chemical plant experience, including turnarounds.
- Experience in project execution, especially interaction with contract engineering firms and project management.
- Extensive knowledge of HAZOPS and safety related reviews
- Knowledge of Engineering standards and codes (API, ASME, NFPA, TEMA etc.)
- Ability to design various types of equipment with emphasis on pumps, heat exchangers and distillation columns
- Excel, Word, SAP
- Very effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively with operations, maintenance, and contract personnel with a demonstrated attention to detail in all work processes in a multitasking environment
- The incumbent must be able to communicate verbally and orally to all personnel at different levels, and must be able to design/specify equipment, instrumentation, and piping for new or existing process
- Strong organizational skills
- Set high standards of performance and ensure that they are met or exceeded
ADA Physical requirements, visual acuity requirements and environmental conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee must occasionally walk, stand and travel by car, airplane or other means. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.