Project Manager (North West Ohio)
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Plan and lead the development of engineering/design, construction and inspection/QC strategies for multiple projects up to $10mm/year.
- Responsible for the safe design and installation of projects, in particular safety during the execution of the project.
- Account for all aspects of project performance including schedule, cost, operation, reliability and close out.
- Ensure projects comply with applicable government and company regulations, policies and standards.
- Interface with other plant departments to share project design, priority and status information.
- Work with the Procurement department to procure materials and services as required, including the Storehouse Manager for parts and capital spares associated with assigned projects.
- Participates in the MOC process, performs MOC reviews on all projects involving change to process equipment and operations.
- Works as a job representative for outside contractors working in the plant.
- Participates in audits, inspections and interviews, including BBS, housekeeping,
- Principles, etc.
- Participate and assist as needed during plant outages and turnarounds. This may include longer hours.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- BS in Engineering or Construction Science with a minimum of 7 years' experience in industrial project management, preferably in the refining or petrochemical industry.
- Technical awareness of unit operations and maintenance issues
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with diverse groups in sometimes tense situations to gain consensus and a clear path forward
- Business acumen with an understanding of key business drivers, budgeting and financial reporting
- Ability to initiate and drive change, flexibility
- Previous experience with project scope definition and work package generation
- Previous experience in project management and project scheduling
- Previous experience in construction/maintenance
- Previous experience with the oversite and management of contract workforce
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.