Safety, Health & Environmental Manager
Safety, Health, Environmental & Security Manager
What we are looking for?
This position is responsible for managing site safety and environmental programs and practices and championing change management initiatives at all levels to lead us to a best in class safety organization for three facilities. This role manages and directs the activities of the local site safety team and is responsible for executing on the facility safety goals and priorities. This position will champion projects, collaborate with key stakeholders, actively work with all employees at every level, and be responsible for delivering positive changes in our safety culture at all levels within the organization.
What you'll own in this role…
- Responsible for SHE&S/RCMS and PSM implementation at the site and serves as facilitator of the sites' safety committees. Tracks reported hazards, action items, and ensures timely follow up and communication to stake holders regarding corrective actions.
- Maintains and monitors current information and site compliance on government SHE regulations and corporate policy.
- Prepares required reports, plans, and other government SHE&S filings and ensures timely and accurate submission.
- Supports the development and maintenance of programs and/or processes that assure conformance with the client's Safety Standards and Environmental Management Standards.
- Ensures industrial hygiene monitoring for identified hazardous risk such as: chemical, noise, dust, etc.
- Evaluate job safety analyses (JSA's) for possible ergonomic and other safety risk improvements (body mechanics, lifts, hoists, manipulators, etc.) and engineering improvements and implement these work design changes with appropriate team members.
- Actively investigates all incidents including near misses, identifies root causes, risk rank all corrective/preventive actions and ensures they are implemented.
- Responsible for managing the performance and directing the activities of the local safety team members.
- Partners with local site operations leadership to understand current safety needs and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and change management.
- Must be able to perform effective SHE&S process gap analysis; develops required project plan to set strategy and execute on site needs.
- Maintain an effective emergency response procedure for the sites and ensures all team members are trained
- Creates and delivers monthly safety blitz sessions with all plant personnel to ensure that the employee base remains current on best practices and local site safety procedures and requirements
- Coordinates and ensures execution of sites' safety efforts including training, behavioral audits, area inspections, required health screens, workman's compensation, incident investigations, and general safety awareness.
- Serves as a member of the plant leadership team.
- Accountable for the development and achievement of SHE&S annual performance goals; OSHA and regulatory requirement compliance; coordination of site safety committee initiatives and behavioral audits; area inspections; hazard analysis and recognition; risk ranking and execution of critical safety projects
- Coordinates the collection and reporting of all SHE&S performance metrics as required by site and corporate leadership
- Actively manages SHE&S projects and initiatives; developing key action items and milestones to ensure the sites are achieving results and improving safety programs and practices
- Supports the SHE&S efforts at other sites in the northeast Ohio region as requested
- Interact with the site workforce at all levels to demonstrate, educate and enforce safe work practices.
- Support plant leadership team developing an effective process for 100% employee involvement in the plant's safety process per the client's leadership direction
- Oversee and mentor the client's Global Technology Center SHE&S Coordinator
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, safety, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in environmental health and safety in a chemical facility or related industry
- Working knowledge and experience with implementing OSHA and EPA regulations, Process Safety Management Programs and Safety, Health and Environmental Management Systems
- Must be able to develop and execute project plans and direct team resources to achieve the required milestones
- Must be able to proactively address issues in a positive manner while enforcing SHE&S standards
- Must be able to drive safety culture change in a positive manner.
- Able to understand and execute key safety processes including: risk ranking, rapid problem solving, effective project management, hazard analysis, permitting, management of change (MOC), pre-start up safety review (PSSR), lock out-tag out (LOTO), confined space, and required permitting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Must be able to compose clear and concise written communications without error or omission. Must be able to effectively communicate
- Experience working with regulatory agencies
Qualifications that can set you apart …
- Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Safety Professional, Associate Safety Professional or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager is desired
- Multi-site experience
- Lean six sigma certification/experience
- Experience working with union sites
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.