Senior Process Engineer
Senior Process Engineer - International Chemical Company - Nr, Akron
This PSM regulated site is looking for their next technical lead to help drive the facility to further increased performance excellence. The Senior Process Engineer will own the technical oversight of daily plant production processes and serve as the technical expert to the production team. They are looking for someone aiming to progress from this role to become the next Technical or Production Manager.
The Senior Process Engineer will mentor other Process Engineers while overseeing reactor, degas and computer room operations. They will need to be able to readily identify opportunities, prioritize, and take action to improve asset utilization and production efficiency while providing technical support for production related projects.
* Provide technical support for regular plant production processes
* Serves as the technical expert to production
* Actively engage with operators and supervisors to ensure safe and efficient production activities
* Identifies production related safety, quality, and process improvement opportunities, prioritizing, as needed and implementing effective long term corrective actions
* Drives continuous improvement and change to deliver production results
* Supports and participates in plant safety activities and training, specifically driving production related safety improvements
* Provides troubleshooting support for production related issues and alarms working directly with the production team to identify the causes and implement effective solutions
* Participates in the administration of the MOC program
* Develops and maintain production related procedures, training materials, and documentation
* Acts as the technical expert for all production related activities
* Owns and manages production related projects, delivering projects on time and on budget
* Supports Responsible Care and ISO activities
* Perform periodic monitoring of product quality and adherence to product specifications
* Analyze process data using statistical tools (e.g. pareto, regression, time charting, analysis of variance, gage R&R, etc.).
* Review and interpret data to make recommendations on immediate actions, long term corrective actions, follow-up experiments, etc., and documenting processes and mentoring operators and peers on defined processes
Technical and Quality Manager, but will work with other members of senior leadership
* BSc in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or other relevant degree
* 5+ years of experience as a Process Engineer
* Advanced problem solving and facilitation skills - ability to critically think and make things happen
* Previous experience driving production related improvements
* Proven ability to initiate and drive change
* Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Must be able to flex shift
* Function effectively in a team environment
* Lean Six-Sigma (ASQ preferred) certification
* Electrical/Instrumentation experience
* Experience working with Honeywell DCS systems
* Experience working PSM covered facility
* Batch controlled DCS experience
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.