Financial Accounting Supervisor
Financial Accounting Supervisor
Accounting & Reporting
- Provides input into the management review and analysis of the fixed cost reports, particularly in regard accounts payable queries.
- Maintains an expert knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) through interaction with Corpoarate Office, reading and attending appropriate external training and seminars.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a system of internal controls to ensure that unauthorized transactions cannot occur, financial procedures remain appropriate and are complied with, and assets are safeguarded.
- Prepares and maintains all documentation required by the Sarbanes Oxley Act relevant for the role.
- Trains and supervises all SOX testing and reporting to ensure compliance of internal controls.
- Responsible for the management of Account Reconciliations, ensuring that all balance sheet general ledger accounts are reconciled on a regular basis, have appropriate supporting documentation, and are reviewed on a timely basis.
Payroll & Accounts Payable
- Verifies and approves all new vendor setup to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
- Ensures that all critical payments made by the company by way of the PeopleSoft Financials Accounts Payable system, are valid, accurate and are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensures all vouchers processed through the Maximo system are as timely as possible and comply with policy for 2-way/3-way matching.
- Actively manages AP KPIs to ensure timely payment of debts to maintain good vendor relationships and compliance with policies.
Statutory & Legislative Compliance
- Manages the timely preparation and filing of the annual statutory accounts and associated reporting requirements.
- Liases with the external auditors for quarterly and annual audits and review of the statutory accounts.
- Manages the completion and filing of all statistical returns for the Region's entities.
- Manages the completion, maintenance and filing of all statutory records and company registers.
- Ensures that all taxes, other than direct income taxes, are calculated accurately and paid in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Acts as a Legislative Compliance Contact Person with responsibility for ensuring legislation in area of expertise is complied with and proposed changes/updates communicated.
- Manages the coordination of risk management and insurance activities in the USA. The provision of insurance is centralized in Vancouver under the auspices of the Director, Risk Management who has the responsibility to negotiate global insurance cover.
- Responsible for supervising all insurance activities USA including ensuring compliance with insurance cover requirements and management of insurance claims should they occur.
Treasury & Cash Management
- Supervises the cash management process and ensures that the investment of surplus cash in US dollars is carefully planned and in accordance with global procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures that quality cash forecasts are maintained to enable the investment of cash to be planned so that sufficient cash is available as commitments fall due.
- Responsible for ensuring that all entities have sufficient funds for its operations. Funding is provided for the operation of the Region on an inter-company basis.
- Maintains relationships with the financial institutions with which the Region does business with to provide transactional services, foreign exchange risk management, foreign exchange transactions, trade credit (letters of credit etc.), working capital and investment facilities.
- Ensures that all of the company Sales & Use tax returns are completed using best practice and are available for filing by their due date.
- Assists in developing lawful strategies to minimize the incidence of tax within the Region and make effective use of available tax shelter to the best long-term advantage.
- Works in conjunction with the Finance Manager to provide consideration to tax implications of significant transactions, new contracts/business, and any other initiatives.
- Assists the Finance Manager in managing any audits including developing strategies in consultation with the Taxation Director and external advisors to minimize the financial impact of the audits.
- Provides ad hoc taxation-related advice to the Finance Department and in particular be prepared to advise on current taxation payment requirements and equivalent taxes incurred in other regions.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of federal, state, & local taxes and State Incentive laws.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant discipline from an accredited institution
- CPA designation
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of eight years post graduate experience, ideally with solid experience in financial and statutory reporting, and payroll and accounts payable management.
- Strong experience in staff management, including staff coaching and development.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and solid understanding of IFRS.
- Knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft financials, Maximo Asset Management or other ERP systems
- Advanced MS Office application knowledge including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Pro-active in identifying opportunities to improve team or process efficiency
Applying for the job
There are various ways to apply for this position:
- Apply direct from the website (www.tecgroup.net) by clicking "apply now"
- Contact the consultant directly:
About TEC Group International
We are TEC Group. We are international recruitment specialists. We are the link between highly-specialised industries and the professionals that make them work. Expert consultants, a global network of offices and the latest technology allow us to join the dots in the talent process.