Inventory Control Specialist
Specialist - Inventory Control on Site Warehouse/ Off Site Warehouse
A medical center that focus on the speciality care of women and children
Specialist - Inventory Control
1 Year Contract
The Specialist - Inventory Control on Site Warehouse / Off site Warehouse monitors and controls inventories for stocked items in the Warehouse using the Inventory Modules of the Lawson ERP system and the Warehouse Management System to ensure the availability of items in order to achieve optimized stock. This includes creating requisitions to replenish stocks (stocked and non-stocked), initiating and overseeing cycle counting for stock items and managing stock takes as required. In general, this position is responsible for providing customer focused distribution services by planning, organizing, controlling and coordinating the flow of products within the framework of existing policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Manages the organization's inventory to deliver quality customer focused logistics services by using integrated inventory management systems (Lawson/Exacta)
- Manages all inventories in compliance with the organizational Inventory Management Policy
- Ensures optimized inventory levels to avoid or minimize stock-outs, considering any relevant factors impacting the supply chains of individual products or product categories such as supplier location, supply routes, expiry dates etc.
- Maintains inventory levels by monitoring and analyzing inventory movement, and adjusting stocked items' PAR (optimal) level as well as min/max levels
- Maintains the integrity of the Inventory Database by keeping inventory, locations and any system configuration data up-to-date
- Performs ongoing stock control by means of cycle counts to minimize zero stock and surplus stock situations and expired/obsolescent stock
- Generates purchase requisitions based on regular replenishment reports
- Produces regular inventory analysis reports for decision-making
- Liaises and communicates with the Specialist-Clinical Supplies and suppliers in order to ensure that designated customer service levels are met
- Investigates inventory problems and follows up to ensure that the problem has been completely resolved and any process changes are communicated to the Specialist - Training/Quality/Risk
- Coordinates medical consumable standardization and rationalization with the Specialist - Clinical Supplies
- Coordinates annual stock takes
- Implements any changes and/or enhancements to systems and/or functionality in close cooperation with the Specialist ERP/Process/Performance
- Provides direction, supervision and necessary training to Inventory Associates
- Develops sound working relationships within the Materials Management Department, Procurement and Finance, as well as internal warehouse customers such as Facilities, Pharmacy and Food Services
- Implements policy and complies with procedures, policies, regulations and standards in inventory management
- Works collaboratively with the departments to realize opportunities for improvement in practices and supports the achievement of business goals.
- Adheres to the standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business-related field
- 5+ years' experience in a medium to large scale supply chain operation
- 3+ years of inventory control with an ERP system
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of Medical Warehouse environment, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent planning skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Applying for the job
There are various ways to apply for this position:
- Apply direct from the website (www.tecgroup.net) by clicking "apply now"
- Contact the consultant directly:
- Iman Tamim -
About TEC Group International
We are TEC Group. We are international recruitment specialists. We are the link between highly-specialised industries and the professionals that make them work. Expert consultants, a global network of offices and the latest technology allow us to join the dots in the talent process.
TEC Group International supports the Scientific, Engineering and Energy sectors. We have completed assignments in over 60 countries and support projects all over the world through our subsidiaries and partners.