Process Engineer - Fortune 500 Chemicals - NW Ohio
A Fortune 500 Chemical Brand with 200 plants across the world and is one of the fastest growing chemical businesses globally is searching for a talented Process Engineer to join their world-leading site. This PSM regulated plant of high hazard chemical production has over 180 people on site and is a crucial asset within their global footprint.
The Process Engineer is the day-to-day setter of operational priorities and duties. They work closely with supervisors and leadership. They functionally oversee Production Supervisors to direct day-to-day operation of the production. They work to ensure safe, reliable, energy, and environmentally compliant operations. They initiate and approve work orders, evaluate unit issue, and se operational priorities. They work with process assistants and represent operations in PHAs and project engineering reviews. They also are required to identify training issues and train up new engineers.
They provide direction to maintenance daily activity and input to engineering projects. They will also be active in process issues such as capacity creep, final product quality, and controls improvements.
The process engineer issues orders, follows up on procedures and reports status to carry out the daily operating plan and must be able to initiate changes in operating plans when conditions require. They must be able to think ahead and make quick correct decisions in the event of an emergency. They must be available to receive calls during off hours and make operational decisions for their areas or responsibility.
- Champion safety and environmental compliance. Teach good safety work habits to employees, and conducts regular safety discussions with employees and contractors. Conducts incident investigation and follow up.
- Ensure the principles of PSM are maintained
- Functionally directs Production Supervisors as liaison to senior management.
- Ensures timely Operations documentation is issued (production recaps, initial incident investigation forms) including proper details and provides feedback on gaps of expectation.
- Ensures incident investigation findings and action items are implemented and documented.
- Establishes, monitors and updates adequate KPIs through proper Visual Management tools.
- Develops reliability bad actorlist and action plan to address.
- Execute process improvement plans.
- Works with Technical Manager and Process Engineers on cost control including variable, fixed and capital.
- Works with assistants to write and reviewprocedures associated with areas of responsibility as required. Reviews existing procedures and P&ID's as needed. Leads the MOC process for areas of responsibility.
- Ensures all areas of responsibility and facilities comply/operate within applicable requirements/laws
- Member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Serves as the on-scene incident commander during plant emergencies. Responsible for controlling the emergency, maintaining personnel safety, minimizing property and equipment losses, headcount of personnel, communication to the Incident Commander.
- Conducts safety audits and observations as a part of daily safety activities. Participates and completes PHA
- Takes lead role in troubleshooting daily operating and quality problems. Provides daily instructions in coordination with Process Assistantsthrough daily briefing
- Issues job orders, establishes priorities for those orders along with determining job order completion Assists in developing daily plans and priority for equipment availability for maintenance work.
- Manages unit volumes and quality issues
- Provides technical and operational support for shift teams during non-routine operations.
- Assists in evaluating operator's and supervisor's Aids in addressing grievances and administrating labor contract.
- Suggests improvements in operating procedures, modifications to equipment or changes in operating conditions to ensure safe operation, increase production or improve operation efficiency. Contributes ideas for development of capital projects to improve plant performance.
- Works with assistants to update operating manuals, and operating procedures to assure compliance with PSM and to maintain ISO-9000 certification.
- Supervise and mentor co-ops.
- BS in Engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred)
- 5+ years ofexperience in chemical or refinery industry.
- PSM plant experience.
- Six Sigma preferred
- Experience with SAP and Microsoft Office
- Effective communication, organization, and leadership
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.