Instrument & Electrical Maintenance Supervisor
Fortune 500 Chemical Business - Greater Chicago, IL
MAINTENANCE I/E SUPERVISOR
The Maintenance I&E Supervisor is responsible for the entire I&E staff, including planned and emergency work assigned, code compliance, quality of workmanship, training, and all other I&E maintenance efforts.
Technical knowledge would include; AC motors, PLC's, AC/DC drives, Instrumentation, reading schematics, Motor controller understanding, Transformers, MCC's, substations, power distribution systems and a variety of control valves. The I&E Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Works with Reliability and Ops to improve reliability of equipment and safety systems.
- Proper safety assurance and knowledge.
- Provides assistance and technical advice necessary to assist in the execution of maintenance activities and manufacturing process.
- Leadership, including workforce engagement, diversity, employee development and training
- Communicate performance levels and standards to personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring that all field work is performed in accordance with applicable codes and standards
- Keep current documentation on all equipment and maintain appropriate specifications
- Supervision of hourly I&E staff
- Develop daily/weekly work schedule through SAP data
- Manages daily I&E work and routine outages
- Participates in Root Cause failure Analysis (RCFA) and drives corrective actions
- Ensure PSM and MI programs are followed and executed flawlessly; including identifying MI work orders and ensuring the work is planned, scheduled, and completed prior to its due date
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Technical degree with 5+ years experience. Equivalent years of related maintenance experience without degree will be considered.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience in a refinery/chemical plant
- Experience and knowledge of IEEE, NFPA, ISA and applicable API Industry Standards
- Self-motivated, and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledgeable in reliability and failure analysis methodologies such as FMEA, RCFA, and MTBF
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.