Reliablitiy Engineering Leader
Reliability Engineering Manager - Fortune 500 Chemicals - Greater Chicago
The Reliability Engineering Manager role mainly a strategic position focused on improving the long-term reliability of the site via projects and programs/studies, improving cross-disciplinary engineering, and ensuring the site complies with company/PSM mechanical integrity requirements. The role's main focus is providing leadership, tutorship, and direction to a multi-disciplinary group of engineers and inspectors. Equipment reliability challenges facing the assets and recommend actions which continually improve the availability of the equipment at the site are another focus. This role leads a team that works with the Maintenance department, Capital Projects group, the Process Technology group and each Production Area Team to provide specifications, standards, procedures, compliance strategies, and technical support to enable the site to tackle the problems impacting plant reliability.
- Ensure all aspects of the site's PSM MI Programs requirements are being implemented and adhered to throughout the site.
- Assure management systems are effectively satisfying the requirements of applicable standards, codes, etc.
- Illinois Boiler and Pressure Vessel Safety Act, Rules, and Regulations.
- NFPA requirements for firewater storage tanks.
- NFPA 68 for Explosion Panel inspections
- Site Mechanical Integrity Programs
- Ensure that Equipment Owners are advised on a quarterly basis of upcoming inspection and testing due dates within 3-yr window.
- Act as program owner for the site Engineering Practices (specifications)
- Ensure self and team complete required audits, reliability, and compliance reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Progress implementation of company equipment inspection requirements
- Develop the capability of and provide direction to the engineers and inspectors within the Reliability Team to deliver site reliability and inspection expectations.
- Provide work direction and prioritization for the Reliability Technical Group.
- Conduct quarterly and annual meetings with direct reports to prioritize work and document objective attainment throughout the year.
- Ensure all Reliability engineers remain trained and certified in their relevant engineering disciplines.
- Ensure all site Area Inspectors maintain their certifications in API 510, API 570, and NBIC commissions.
- Assign resources to support capital projects, incident investigations and reliability initiatives
- Embrace and promote Process Safety Principles
- Ensure the expense budget is properly forecast and maintained for the reliability and inspection groups.
- Develop the site's reliability engineering capability.
- Champion the use of Root Cause Failure Analyses (RCFAs) and other investigative techniques into equipment failures
- Develop and maintain appropriate on-boarding and training programs for site asset engineers, reliability engineers, and area inspectors.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Mech Eng preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in a chemical/refining industry, 10+ years preferred.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of PSM driven Mechanical Integrity requirements.
- Knowledge of reliability processes (Reliability Analysis, Failure Analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of engineering Codes, Standards and Recommended Practices typically used within the chemical industry.
- Knowledge of inspection Codes (API, NBIC) and inspection techniques used within the petro-chemical industry (preferred)
- Successful verbal, written, and interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships with a wide range of collegues; hourly employees, engineers, and management.
- Ability to work efficiently in a multi-disciplined, cross-functional environment and consistently produce results with minimal supervision.
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.