A medical center that focus on the speciality care of women and children
The Research Specialist II executes laboratory experiments for various research projects of the Division of Pathology Sciences. Assignments may require investigation of a number of variables and complex features. Working with general supervision, the role is required to exercise judgement in making technical decisions related to delegated tasks.. The incumbent observes and maintains a high standard of laboratory health, safety and risk procedures; and works to departmental Standard Operating Procedures/ protocols and current professional standards.
- Collect environmental samples for molecular and microbiology testing
- Performs a wide range of laboratory procedures including, but not limited to, bacteriological culture, DNA, RNA extraction and quantification from clinical and environmental samples, standard and quantitative PCR, and conventional and next-generation sequencing
- Analyze data, record and report back results to the investigator and participate in discussion to rectify areas of concern or to implement new ideas
- Maintain the cleanliness of the laboratory including work surfaces, biosafety hoods and equipment according to the standard operating procedures
- Maintains storage of clinical and environmental specimens, nucleic acid extracts and reference and control materials
- Maintains co-ordination and co-operation with the clinical laboratory through regular communication with other Technologists and senior staff
- Responsible for ensuring adequate stocks of reagents and consumables for assigned research projects
- Takes responsibility for the maintenance and safe use of equipment within the section
- Ensures policies and procedures for the sections are adhered to
- Participates in the training (theoretical and practical) of technical staff in methodologies, principles and procedures by way of tutorials, presentations and seminars
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years' experience in a research/clinical laboratory environment
- Knowledge and experience in basic microbiology techniques
- Knowledge and experience in molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA extraction and quantification, end point PCR, real-time PCR, gel electrophoresis, Sanger sequencing
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological/Biomedical Sciences
Applying for the job
There are various ways to apply for this position:
- Apply direct from the website (www.tecgroup.net) by clicking "apply now"
- Contact the consultant directly:
- Iman Tamim -
About TEC Group International
We are TEC Group. We are international recruitment specialists. We are the link between highly-specialised industries and the professionals that make them work. Expert consultants, a global network of offices and the latest technology allow us to join the dots in the talent process.
TEC Group International supports the Scientific, Engineering and Energy sectors. We have completed assignments in over 60 countries and support projects all over the world through our subsidiaries and partners.