Technology Development Manager
Global Petrochemcial business
TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
A global petrochemical giant is looking for the next leader of their technology team at their major plant in the North East. This is one of the largest chemical businesses in the world and still the fastest-growing!
This high-performing business is looking for an equally motivated and technologically astute individual to lead their R&D/technology department.
In this role you will lead a team of chemists, engineers, and technicians to identify, plan and deliver technology development activities to improve the performance of the businesses proprietary technologies with particular focus on maximizing the competitiveness of their assets.
You will hold safety, health, environmental and operational responsibility for research scale operations.
You will maintain a portfolio of technology improvement ideas, plan and deliver the experimental programmes and plant trials required to develop them, manage engineering scale-up, risk mitigation and economic evaluation of resulting concepts, and support their implementation at INEOS Acetyls assets worldwide
You will be a degree or PHD qualified Chemist or Chemical Engineer with experience of developing process technology, leading technical teams, equipment design and operations in technology development laboratories. Experience of petrochemicals technologies is an advantage
- Personal and process safety leadership
- Experience of managing laboratory operations
- Ability to design process technology development programmes and develop robust business cases to support them
- Experience of managing technical resources to deliver a portfolio of technical projects and support commercial deployment on manufacturing assets
- Skilled in the development of intellectual property and patent portfolios
- Experience of technology innovation, scale-up, delivering solutions and driving process technology improvements
- Ability to deal with technically complex/ambiguous situations and work with incomplete data to deliver solutions
- Proven interpersonal skills including the ability to build strong relationships with manufacturing stakeholders
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to audiences at all levels including those without a technical background
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.